Ambien is a drug that can help you overcome insomnia. Even if sleep disorders are accompanied by psychological problems, Ambien will help you to quickly restore mental state and return to normal restful sleep.
The effectiveness of a hypnotic drug depends on several factors:
- patientís age;
- overall health condition;
- individual characteristics of the body;
- severity of insomnia - transient or chronic.
Ambien is perfect for all people over 18 years of age, who need to get rid of insomnia. Due to its favorable pharmacokinetic profile, the drug may be usedin both men and women, as well as the elderly and physically debilitated patients.
Ambien eliminates problems with sleeponset within 30-35 days of its regular use. In 6 months of treatment with these sleeping pills, you will completely get rid of chronic insomnia symptoms.
To successfully eliminate sleep disorders, patient, going through Ambien therapy,should:
- avoid serious physical loads before bedtime;
- establish a regular sleep regime: go to bed at the same time;
- try to avoid stress during the day;
- abandon coffee and caffeinated beverages in the afternoon;
- restrict viewing of TV programs and working on the computer before going to bed.
Ambien is the brand name of Zolpidem that belongs to the group of imidazopyridine derivatives. Drugs in this group replaced benzodiazepine medications, which have been used extensively in clinical practice for sleep disorders elimination.
In the treatment of insomnia, Benzodiazepines have a low selectivity, acting on various receptors in the brain. Ambien activates only a certain group of receptors, which are responsible for the normal and restful sleep. Thus, Ambien is considereda safer remedy for insomnia than benzodiazepines.
While curing sleep disorders, Ambien has other advantages over benzodiazepines:
- it does not cause drug dependence;
- rarely requires dose increase or decrease during its use;
- has a short half-life - 2-2.5 hours, due to which it does not cause retardation of physical and mental reactions in the morning after administration.
Before taking this drug, the patient should make sure that he has all the conditions for 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. One 10 mg Ambien tablet taken at bedtimeis sufficient to eliminate insomnia. Normal good nightís sleep will come in half an hour after the drug intake.
In women, the process of Ambien excretion from the body is slower than that of men. Therefore, 5 mg of Ambien is enough for womento overcome insomnia.
Conventional Ambien tablets are only recommended for short-term use in patients, who have difficulty falling asleep. Butthis hypnotic drug will be ineffective, if you wake up in the middle of the night and can not get back to sleep.
Sustained-release tablets Ambien CR eliminate two major problems of insomnia: inability to fall asleep and frequent night awakenings. One Ambien CR pill contributes to a rapid sleep onset and prolonged sleep throughout the night without awakenings:
- To fall asleep quickly and prolong sleep, 12.5 mg of Ambien CR at bedtime will be sufficient for men, while as women need 6.25 mg.
- If your age exceeds 65 years, the lowest effective Ambien CR dose of6.25 mg takenat bedtime will be enough for you to overcome your insomnia.
Ambien meets all the criteria necessary for the perfect sleeping pills:
- prevents early awakening;
- contributes to the rapid sleep onset;
- does not cause serious side effects;
- maintains normal restful sleep.
Ambien is a drug that provides natural sleep. Nearly all patients that suffer from insomnia have no problems when they start using sleeping pills. Ambien also does not cause drowsiness or lethargy during the day, even with prolonged use.